Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Mom, the Style Icon

Insipred by a post on Dolls Factory mentioning a book about stylish moms and leading me to discover the blog that orginated it, I have planned this most special post on my blog for quite some time now...Am feeling excited, anxious and nervous at the same time, knowing none of those words or pictures will actually express my love and admiration for her, MY MOM! When emotions are so strong it just feels that no words are powerful enough...

The brains, the looks, the big mouth :) and a great passion for fashion and style...these and so much more I inherited from an amazing woman, my lovely mom! I just love looking at her inspiring pics, especially the ones from the 60s and 70s, admiring all her special looks, with mostly handmade, all unique clothes! An unsophisticated expression of style and class, with an extremly discrete sexy note and a personal touch of  good taste and creativity, a mix of girlie and a young, strong woman, always surprising and admirable - that's how I would describe her fashion statement...and it still feels like an understatment!

Most of the clothing items you see below, from the stunning wedding dress to that lovely swimsuit are her design, truly amazing DIY projects! Starting from the 60s to the 70s and also for the decades to follow one thing is always true: Fashion fades, her style remains! And the most beautiful part of it all is that my mom has cherished all her most precious dresses, suits, skirts, pants and accesories and I can enjoy wearing them today! My most precious vintage treasures I got from my mom :)

I will let those pictures speak for themselves, mentioning though that they actually offer a very poor view on my mom's unique beauty and style in real life...

Xoxo,
Meelusha









16 comments:

  1. OMG so lovely. I loved especially the swimming suit and the wedding dress. Hope she has preserved some of these dresses for you. Handmade dresses unique and valuable. from now on, I'll be taking more care while taking pictures, hoping my future daughter will be proud of my looks in 2040 when people will dress like lady gaga

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, indeed your mom is very fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beutiful mom!pretty lady! frumoasa postarea! puuuuuuuuuuuuup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ce mama frumoasa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gorgeous and has great style, I love it.
    I appreciate comments.
    Kisses from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love vintage photos! I start to imagine what people were doing or thinking at that time.. I do the same with my parents photos as well. It's so nice that you speak this way about your mother, she seems indeed a lovely person :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi friend, check out post dedicated to your site:
    http://modaenlahistoria.blogspot.com/2011/06/historia-de-la-moda-moda-anos-60-60s.html
    Hope you like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. she's your mom? omg, im speechless. she's so gorgeous. the outfit, style, pretty face. love!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for the lovely comments!!! me and my mom were both honored and happy to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your mom was so stylish! love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah ce poze frumoase, si ce mama frumoasa ai! Beautiful inspiration indeed!


    Fashezine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh ce frumoase sunt pozele! Mama ta e o scumpa si are super stil!

    http://de-vero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh , wow, your mom has style.
    A great sourse of inspiration, she is a real fashionista :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ce frumos :-) complimente mamei!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has inspired me to go through my mom's photo archives! Love everything she has on. Fab post!
    www.espressoandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments